Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Simple Present vs Present Continuous and Regular and Irregular Verbs Practice


SIMPLE PRESENT - PRESENT CONTINUOUS

 

1. Where's John?  He _________________ (listen) to a new CD in his room.

 

2. Don't forget to take your umbrella with you to London.  You know it always ____________ (rain) in England.

 

3. Jean __________ (work) hard all day but she ________________ (not work) at the moment.

 

4. Look!  That boy   _______________(run) after the bus. He_______________  (want) to catch it.

 

5. He ____________ (speak) German so well because he _______________ (come) from Germany.

 

6. Shh! The boss   (come). We______________  (meet) him in an hour and nothing is ready!

 

7.  You usually ______________ (go) away for Christmas or  you _______________ (stay) at home?

 

8. She _______________ (hold) some roses. They __________________ (smell) lovely.

 

9. Oh no! Look! It  _____________‑(snow) again.  It always ________________ (snow) in this country.

 

10. Mary  _______________(swim) very well, but she _______________   (not run) very fast.

 

11.  You ______________  (enjoy) this party?  Yes, I  ______________(have) a great time!

 

12. Sorry I can't help you.  I ________________ (not know) where she keeps her files.

 

13.  What you ______________(do) next Saturday?  Nothing special. I  ______________(stay) at home.

 

14.  I______________  (think) your new hat   ________________(look) nice on you.

 

15.  I ________________ (live) with my parents but right now I ____________ (stay) with some friends for a few days.

 

16. I can't talk on the phone now.  I _________________  (drive) home.

 

17. Where are the children?  They  ______________ (sit) on the beach over there.

 

18.  You never _______________  (listen) to a word I say!  You  always ______________ (listen) to that mp3 player!

 

19.  He  ___________________(not understand) what you  _______________(talk) about.  He's foreign.

 

20. How much  _______________ your suitcase _________________  (weigh)? It _____________ (look) really heavy.

 


Present continuous and present simple.

1. María ____________ (work) for a TV station.

2. At the moment she ____________ (travel) in the Sahara Desert.

3. Dan ____________ (love) wild animals.

4. He ____________ (not visit) Alaska at the moment.

5. Marta ____________ (not live) in Africa.

6. She ____________ (stay) in Africa at the moment.

7. Dad usually ____________ (cook) dinner.

8. My parents ____________ (go) to Italy every year.

9. My sister ____________ (walk) to school every day.

10. We ____________ (have) lunch now.

11. I never ____________ (stay in) on Saturday evening.

12. I ____________ (go) to the cinema now.

13. My mum ____________ (not work) today.

14. Peter ____________ (not like) rap music.

15. He ____________ (listen) to pop music at the moment.

16. Donna usually ____________ (go) shopping on Saturdays.

17. Let´s go out. It ____________ (not rain) now.

18. Hurry up! Everybody ____________ (wait) for you!

19. The sun ____________ (rise) in the east.

Present simple or present continuous?

1. Who is that man? What _____________ he _____________ (want)?

2. Who is that man? Why _____________ he _____________ (look) at us?

3. _____________ you _________ (believe) in God?

4. Gilbert says he is 80, but nobody _____________ (believe) him.

5. Every Monday Maite _____________ (drive) her kids to football practice.

6. Be quiet. Arturo _____________ (sleep).

7. Don´t forget to take your umbrella. It _____________ (rain).

8. I don´t like living in England. It always _____________ (rain).

9. Look!. It _____________ (snow). We are going to have a white Christmas.

10. Maila _____________ (watch) TV every morning.

11. I have to go now. It _____________ (get) dark

12. Right now I _____________ (spend) time with my father.

13.We usually _____________ (go) to the gym on Mondays.

Present simple or present continuous?

1. Look! The boys __________ (come) home.

2. Every day Ayla __________ (go) for a walk.

3. Sofía usually __________ (help) in the kitchen.

4. Bob __________ (make) breakfast now.

5. I __________ (chat) with my sister at the moment.

6. It never __________ (rain) in Valencia.

7. Don´t bother me now. I __________ (work).

8. They _____________ (swim) at the moment.

9. I _____________ (play) chess with my friend.

10. Look! He __________ (leave) the house.

11. Quiet please! I __________ (write) a letter.

12. I __________ (not do) anything at the moment.

13. __________ he __________ (watch) the news regularly.

14. I __________ (work) as an accountant.

15. Eli __________ (work) eight hours a day.

16. I __________ (know) him very well.

17. My wife __________ (have) coffee at the moment.

18. __________ you __________ (meet) your friend now?

19. Sandra __________ (work) on her project at the moment.

20. __________ Milie __________ (work) in a restaurant?

21. He __________ (wear) a T-shirt and shorts today.

22. Carlos __________ (like) fruits and vegetables.

23. Cristina __________ (have) long blond hair.

24. What´s that noise? Someone __________ (play) the piano.

25. She often __________ (talk) to herself.

Simple Past and Irregular Verbs

1. On Saturday I ____________ (play) computer games with my cousins.

2. My mum ____________ (not cook) dinner last night.

3. I ____________ (walk) to school because there weren´t any buses.

4. They ____________ (not dance) at the party.

5. My brother ____________ (travel) to Ireland last summer.

C. Write the questions in the correct order.

Ejemplo:    night? / meet / Did / you / them / last /

Did you meet them last night?

1. film? / like / you / Did / the /

_________________________________

2. you / many / did / ask? / How / people /

_________________________________

3. a / have / time? / they / Did / good /

_________________________________

4. did / weekend? / the / What / do / we / at /

_________________________________

5. she / DVD? / Where / that / did / buy /

_________________________________

6. party / on / your / go / Saturday? / he / Did / to /

_________________________________

7. did / yesterday? / Who / you / see /

_________________________________

 

Complete with past simple ( regular verbs).

1. I opened the door and ___________ (look) inside.

2. Who ___________ (close) all the windows?

3. I ___________ (carry) my mom´s shopping bag.

4. I ___________ (not climb) over the fence.

5. I ___________ (rip) my shirt.

6. The plane ___________ (land) ten minutes ago.

7. We ___________ (live) in that house when I was a baby.

8. My brother ___________ (not cry) when he fell of his bike.

9. We ___________ (walk) to school yesterday.

10. She ___________ (smile) when she saw me.

11. We ___________ (hurry) to the station to catch the train.

12. She ___________ (laugh) when I told her the joke.

13. We ___________ (race) each other on our bikes.

14. Dad ___________ (not help) me with my homework.

15. Helen ___________ (whisper) me a secret.

16. Luis Miguel ___________ (hurry) to catch a bus.

17. We ___________ (return) our books to the library.

18. She ___________ (not kiss) the frog.

19. The frog ___________ (change) into a prince.

20. Two doctors ___________ (rush) into the room.

21. I ___________ (not kick) the ball very hard.

22. Who ___________ (invent) the computer?

23. Dinosaurs ___________ (live) many years ago.

24. It ___________ (not snow) last night.

25. They ___________ (not work) until twelve last night

 

 

Past simple ( irregular verbs)

1. I ___________ (loose) my watch in the park.

2. David ___________ (not hurt) his knee.

3. I kicked the ball and it ___________ (break) a window.

4. My new shoes ___________ (not cost) a lot of money.

5. I ___________ (get) this book from the library.

6. We had a garage where we ___________ (keep) our car.

7. Ali ___________ (cut) his knee.

8. The glass ___________ (fall) off the table.

9. The glass ___________ (not break).

10. We ___________ (sell) our old car.

11. We ___________ (buy) a new car.

12. The bell ___________ (not ring).

13. We all ___________ (go) into school.

14. The dog ___________ (catch) the ball.

15. The man ___________ (not kneel) down.

16. Our cat ___________ (run) onto the road.

17. Jane ___________ (not write) a letter.

18. I ___________ (buy) a new camera last week.

19. We ___________ (drive) to a safari park yesterday.

20. Yesterday Dad ___________ (not take) me to the carnival.

21. Elizabeth ___________ (give) Eva a chocolate.

22. Jack and Jill ___________ (not go) up the hill.

23. Her ring ___________ (cost) ten Euros.

24. I ___________ (put) sugar in my coffee.

25. He ___________ (not hit) the ball over the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment